Monday 12 October 2015

Aria Fritta

A very short one. I found out the other day that Italians have a fantastic term for empty speech, words without meaning. They call it aria fritta – literally, fried air.

That is an amazing phrase. You immediately get it.

Fried nothing. Fried space. Fried air.

Slightly unhealthy, mostly empty. Pointless but fun.

It almost sounds like the name of an ad agency. You’d have to hope your clients never looked up the true meaning. Probably wouldn’t inspire confidence (I mean, we shouldn’t really be selling fried nothing).

It is a fun thought though.



(If I ever start a company selling popcorn, I guarantee you that it’ll be called Fried Air.)


(Don't you just love Creative Commons?)



If you've enjoyed this article, why not share it on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn? It helps me grow, and you get to look like an informed, thoughtful and stylish professional. Nice one reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment